Urban Decay Vice Lipstick - Ex-Girlfriend, Peyote, Trance, Trick | Review & Swatches

I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon since Urban Decay released their newest line of Vice lipsticks, but I've been trying to grow my collection and have thus far ended up with four of these. Three of them have metallized finishes, which I've captioned in my swatches as "M" and one of them is a Sheer Shimmer, which is captioned as "SS." You can tell that I have been using (and loving) my lipsticks in the photo, but I'll get into the specifics of these more. Peyote is only an Ulta and Urban Decay exclusive while the others can be purchased at the two stores mentioned above as well as Sephora. Urban Decay has reduced the price of this line by $5, which I believe is due to the packaging. This line features a less heavy, more lightweight tube and actually contains more product (.11 oz) than their previous line (.09 oz).

1. Longevity 3/5
The longevity on these are good, but not as good as I had hoped they would be. This might be because the sheer and metallized formulas are more creamy, so it would make sense for them to fade quicker. I haven't yet tried any of their comfort mattes, but I'm planning on growing my collection. 'Ex-girlfriend' (SS) fades the quickest on me and probably lasts me two hours before I have to reapply. With the metallized formulas, I can get a good four hours of wear without any heavy eating or drinking. The nice thing about these lipsticks however, is that when they do fade, they do so nicely and without looking patchy or messy.

2. Pigmentation 4/5
The pigmentation on these lipsticks are still just as great as their previous formulation of their revolution lipstick line. The lipstick shades' finishes perfectly reflect each of the finishes that Urban Decay has developed. The sheer shimmer lipsticks have the sheerest formulas of the entire line in my opinion, which is great for those days when you don't want your lips to be bare but don't really have the time for the whole exfoliate, line your lips, then apply routine. The shade 'Ex-girlfriend' is my perfect mlbb lipstick and to be honest, I don't really see too much shimmer on my lips when I apply it, which is good for those of you who aren't shimmer fans.

'Peyote' and 'Trance' are similar shades, with 'Trance' being the deeper of the two. Both colors are richly pigmented with a flattering metallic finish that doesn't look too flashy. The metallic formulations are quite wearable, especially if you like nude pink shades. 'Trick' isn't as solid of a gold color as it may appear to be. It's definitely more of a lighter coat of gold, which would work well over any matte or satin lipstick that you want to pop more.

From left to right: Peyote (M), Trick (M), Trance (M), Ex-girlfriend (SS)
3. Consistency 4/5 
None of the lipsticks I have apply patchy and feel fairly smooth on the lips. The sheer shimmer formula feels like a lip balm and the metallic lipsticks feel creamy. The only slight complaint I have is that the metallics have a bit of a tendency of clinging to some of the dry patches on your lips, so exfoliating would help if you're looking to try Urban Decay's metallized formulas. I can't speak for the other formulations, but I have heard from friends that the comfort mattes truly are comfortable matte lipsticks to wear, but lean more toward a satin finish.






No comments:

Post a Comment