Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick Swatches + Review | Pepper, Fig, Sake, Beetroot, Gazpacho & Radish


From L-R: Fig, Sake, Pepper, Gazpacho, Beetroot, Radish



I've been purchasing Bite Beauty's line of lip products since 2014, and I can thoroughly say their Luminous Creme lipsticks were one of my favorites. The new line that Bite has brought out features 34 lipsticks, with a couple being reformulations of their older line's shades. Influenster sent me shades "Pepper," "Beetroot," and "Gazpacho" free for testing purposes. I purchased Fig and Sake, and redeemed Radish with my point perk at Sephora so I can show you guys a few more shades from the new range. 

Longevity: 5/5
For the creaminess of these lipsticks, the longevity is really impressive. After taking photos of the arm swatches (below), I tried removing them first with makeup remover, then scrubbed my arm with soap and warm water, dried it off, and I still have the residual marks of the lipsticks on my arm. Any color that I originally applied had almost definitely stained my lips when I went in to take it off. Out of the colors that I have, the more red tone shades were longer lasting than any of the others but were definitely more susceptible to smearing upon contact with food or drink. Even though the color did transfer, there was a lot still remaining on my lips. You just need to be wary of it smudging to your chin or cheeks.

Pigmentation: 5/5 
I applied these to my lips with one swipe and was able to get a medium-coverage look on my lips. I tried a second coat and it gave me a full-coverage look, so these are definitely buildable. These do not apply patchy and don't really emphasize any lines or dry patches on your lips because of their satin creme finish. The colors are bold and vibrant and are true to the color in the tube. 
I would suggest using a lip liner for the red and brighter shades, because it was really easy to make a noticeable mistake upon applying them, especially if you might have some unevenness in your lip shape like me.  Ultimately, these offer rich color payoff and are extremely opaque.

Consistency: 5/5  
These lipsticks are incredible creamy and smooth but so creamy that they break or melt in the tube when you go in to put it on. They pretty much stay that way for the duration of the time that you're wearing the lipstick and are very pleasant to wear on the lips. I could hardly tell that I even had anything on until I went in for a sip of coffee. Again, you should be careful with the more red shades, as the creamy consistency of these lipsticks makes it easy to slip up a little bit upon application. This consistency is very similar to that of their old line's, so I wouldn't say much has changed in that department. Still, Bite's lipstick texture is hard to beat. 

Last thoughts: I thoroughly enjoy the citrus scent of these and the fact that they are food grade cosmetics. Not that I'd encourage eating your lipstick, but since we swallow a lot of whatever lip products we wear, it's nice to know we aren't ingesting harsh chemicals.
 I've been trying to find high quality makeup products that are healthier for wear, and Bite's products have gone above and beyond. The price tag is slightly high, but for a safer lipstick I think that it's entirely worth it to treat yourself with a tube of this every now and then. I highly recommend these if you're searching for a new lipstick!


These retail for $26 and can be purchased on Sephora.com

Anyone can receive a variety of free products from Influenster! If you're interested in signing up, I have a direct link at the bottom of this page :)

From L-R: Pepper, Fig, Sake, Beetroot, Radish, Gazpacho



FTC: I received shades Pepper, Beetroot, and Gazpacho complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.



No comments:

Post a Comment