Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder, Concealer, and Brush Review!

Kat Von D's presence in the beauty community has definitely brought so many new angles to makeup trends that everyone is dying to try. She is constantly innovating and bringing new products to the market that peak the interest of so many consumers.

Back with an extended line of Lock-It products, Kat Von D continues to impress full-coverage beauty junkies with even more makeup that is sure to provide that flawless look.

Influenster kindly sent me the products pictured above for testing purposes, which I'll share my thoughts on below.

1. Setting Powder 4/5
This translucent setting powder is perfect for locking in your makeup look for the entire day. I tested this out for about eight hours, along with the concealer to see how well the powder would last for a typical work day. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the results at the end of the eight hour period because no product ended up settling in my smile lines. This is saying quite a bit, since I always tend to have some product gather in my expression lines when I'd use my old powder. The only reason I gave this product a four is because it applied slightly patchy in the beginning, so you'll need to make sure to blend out any areas that might have uneven deposits of powder.

2. Concealer 4/5
L: [L3] Light with warm undertone R: [L5] Light with neutral undertone.
This concealer is pretty heavy duty, and will provide some serious coverage for your under eye area. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with severe discoloration on your eyelids or under your eyes, because this concealer has one of the highest coverage formulas I have seen. The consistency is quite creamy and smooth and there is no distinct chemical-like scent to them. The applicator is a convenient shape, as it is a slanted doe foot applicator with a pointed tip designed for applying product to smaller areas of the face.

I received shades Light 3 which has warm undertones and Light 5 which has neutral undertones, and found that Light 3 was a good match. I used this color to conceal my blemishes and it worked quite well, however if you intend on covering blemishes with this concealer, make sure that you have thoroughly moisturized your face because this can definitely stick to any dry patches.

3. Powder Brush 5/5
This brush is now my favorite powder brush in my collection (larger brush head pictured above). The bristles are incredibly soft and supple and it feels like angel wings when I use it to apply powder on my face. The handle tapers out at the end, which I read was inspired by a witch's broom which is such a unique concept for designing a makeup brush handle. The bristles pick up powders quite well- I even tried applying powder blushes with this brush and it deposited the color beautifully on my cheeks. You can definitely tell this is an extremely well-made makeup tool.

4. Concealer brush 5/5
As you can imagine, the bristles on this brush are also soft but they are densely packed into a square-shaped head which makes it really easy to blend out your concealer under your eyes. I rate this above using the beauty blender for under eye concealer blending because the shape of this brush is perfect for smoothing out product in the tough-to-reach areas. I used the flat, straight portion of the bristle to pat down the concealer directly under my eyes and it gave me a flawless, airbrushed finish so I definitely recommend this brush!

Overall, these products from Kat's new range of Lock-It products are definitely high quality and well-made. I am so thankful to Influenster for sending me these to try out. I probably would have purchased something from her line anyway just because Kat's products are some of the best on the market in my opinion.

If you're a full-coverage type of person, I think that you'll particularly enjoy products from this line!

No comments:

Post a Comment