Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint - "Obvi" | Review and Swatch!

Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in "Obvi"

Tarte has been on a roll lately with their lip products. Their line of lip glosses, in particular, has caught my eye. Mainly because of the shades they made available. These nine glosses are pretty much some of the most appealing colors someone could wear on their lips. The shades range from five nude/neutral toned glosses and four deeper colors. Me being a neutral type of person opted to go for the second lightest shade, which to me, looks like a pinky, warm nude.

So far, I've worn this out twice and was overall pleased with it, but I feel like there are some points that could be improved.

Longevity: 3/5
Longevity on this gloss in particular was so-so, which is to be expected with a lip gloss. Through eating and drinking, the gloss and its color definitely wore off, which called for reapplication. That being said, without messing with the gloss too much while it's on your lips, the color stays on quite well. Using a lip liner will definitely prolong the wear time of this gloss, but I typically prefer wearing lip gloss on its own for something that will quickly pull a look together.

Pigmentation: 4/5
The color payoff is one of this lip gloss' highest points. This shade is my perfect nude gloss and has strong, consistent pigmentation with a high shine finish. It's great natural looking shade that doesn't look too bold for everyday wear. I would say that the pigmentation is almost equivalent to the Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss formula, which is known to have rich pigmentation and has a vibrant deposit of color on the lips. To get a bit of a bolder look, I found that you can layer this gloss and the color will definitely show up bolder. This was a unique point for me, because you can't always layer glosses. A lot of them just become a goopy mess when you try and add more, but this took it pretty well. I also like that this doesn't go on streaky like some of the more pigmented lip glosses tend to do.

Consistency: 4/5
Tarte's lip products have always known to be on the moisturizing side, and this is no exception. The formula is quite smooth and feels pleasant on the lips. When I first applied this, I noticed how rich and serum-like the formula felt and then went on Sephora's website and read that the formula is actually composed of a conditioning serum so this is definitely very forgiving for those who have drier lips. This formula is not at all sticky, but I do find that it can feel a little bit thick. I can feel that I have something on my lips, which might not be a very appealing feature for some, although it doesn't bother me.

Last thoughts: It might not be the longest lasting formula of lip gloss out there, but this color in particular is so beautiful, I want to buy a couple more shades! The applicator is your standard doe foot wand and does the job well, though its size makes it a bit difficult for those with smaller lips. Since my top lip is considerably small, I had trouble getting a more precise application.
There's no scent to this, which contrasts Tarte's usual signature of mint-scented lip products.

I also think that the deeper shades would be great for the fall because some of the colors are deep, plum-toned shades that will look great on so many different skin tones. Honestly, I'd wear these glosses all year long, not just fall.

Overall, I really like this and would love to see Tarte develop their formula some more and maybe add some more shades to this range.

No comments:

Post a Comment