#LeMarc Liquid Lip Creme and Poutliner | Review & Swatches


More and more brands have been releasing their own lines of liquid lipsticks because of their immense popularity. Marc Jacobs Beauty is one of the latest brands to release their own line of liquid lip cremes with 6 shades ranging from true nudes to deeper mauve tones. These bold but wearable colors are perfect for the holidays - either to wear to festivities or to give as a potential gift to the lip product lover in your life.

#Influenster and Marc Beauty sent me the Lip Creme in "Shush, Blush" and the Poutliner lip pencil in Primrose complimentary to test. My review is based on my honest opinion of the products.
#LeMarcLiquidLipCrème #contest

 1. Longevity  
Lip Creme 3/5
The longevity on this lip creme is not bad by any means, however, it is not transfer-proof. I applied the lip creme a couple of hours before I ate lunch and most of it wore off by the time I was finished. When it wears off, it leaves a ring on your lips but touching up is simple.
The lip creme itself is not a matte formula so when I tested it out, it only dried down to a satin finish and still had some sheen to it. I personally prefer a satin finish over a matte finish, especially with more bold colors so this did not bother me. Just be mindful that if you are planning on eating and drinking at all, this lipstick will end up transferring and coming off. This shade in particular stained my lips, which I believe is the case with all the darker and bolder shades in this line. It is not as easily removable as you might think, but it definitely will wear off after eating and drinking. Bear in mind however, that this product is not marketed to be a budge-proof liquid lipstick.

Poutliner 5/5
I tested the lip liner out separately to see how it would last during eating and drinking and I found that it did a way better job of staying on than the lip creme. I am sure that this would be a great liner to use underneath any lipstick for that matter. It does a great job of blurring the appearance of my lip lines and does not feather whatsoever. You can easily over line with this shade and not have to worry about your lip liner smudging all over the place. When I went to remove the swatch, I found that it was actually quite difficult to take it off and that it also left a stain behind.

                                                                                                          2. Pigmentation
                                                                                                            Lip Creme 5/5
"Primrose" Poutliner (L) & Lip Creme in "Shush, Blush" (R)
Hands down, this lip creme has incredibly rich color payoff! One swipe on the lips was able to give me a completely opaque and full coverage finish. The color I was sent is a warmer rosy shade while the lip liner looked more cool-toned and brown. For the most part, the color of the lip creme did not darken after it dried like most matte liquid lipsticks do so you can expect the actual shade of the lip creme to look very similar to the color it looks like when you first apply it.

Poutliner 5/5
You do not need to apply much pressure with this lip pencil because even just gentle use will give you a fully pigmented line or opaque coverage when used to fill in your lips. You almost feel like you have to apply a lot of pressure because it feels so light, but a little goes a long way. The color Primrose ended up looking darker on my lips than it looks like in the pencil and on the packaging, but it matches the description on Sephora's website, which is "cocoa spice."

3. Consistency
Lip Creme 4/5
This lip creme is extremely comfortable on the lips because it is completely non-drying, which works out well for me because I have considerably dry lips. It literally glides on, feels like silk, and does not feel like you are wearing a lip creme. It does not emphasize my lip lines (and mine are usually really obvious) and even gives my lips the appearance of being plumper. I took off one point from my rating because of the fact that it can be a bit difficult to apply because it is so creamy; you have to be really careful to not make a mistake because fixing it can be a bit tricky, which is similar to what I found with Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche lipsticks.

Poutliner 5/5 
Similar to the lip creme, the lip liner is light and feels almost nonexistent on the lips. It is incredibly creamy and feels gel-like on the lips when first applied, but gives a matte appearance and finish later on. If used together, the lip liner would definitely help increase the lasting power of the lip creme. It does not crumble or catch onto any of my dry patches and looks smooth on my lips.

Other thoughts:
The scent of the lip creme is an odd combination of vanilla and a chemical scent, which is a little unusual but the smell dissipates after applying and you cannot really tell there was ever a scent to begin with. The packaging is beautiful and sleek for both the lip liner and the lip creme. Overall, these products are worth a try if you are willing to splurge on a lip liner and/or you love moisturizing lip products because these are both great options if you struggle with dry lips.

One issue I have with the lip liner is that whenever I go to open the cap, sometimes the "stick" of the actual product pops off with the cap. This is obviously not a deal breaker, but it can be a little bothersome, especially since this is a higher-end product.

Both the lip cremes and lip liners are available now on Sephora.com and MarcJacobsBeauty.com. The lip creme retails for $28 USD and the lip liner retails for $24 USD.

Hope this was helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment