Lorac PRO Palette 3 | Swatches & Review


 After hearing about the quality of Lorac Pro eyeshadow palettes, I decided to give one their most recent palettes a try. Even though I have a store-sized number of eyeshadow palettes, I have never owned a pro palette, and I loved the colors in the Lorac PRO Palette 3.

This palette reminds me a bit of the Naked 3 palette by Urban decay in terms of the color scheme but leans a little bit less pink. Most of the shades are warm-toned with a few neutral-toned shades included inside.

Here is my take on the palette!


 1. Longevity - 4/5
Most colors in this palette last really well throughout the day aside from a couple of the shimmery shades. Out of the looks I have tried with this palette using the colors "Almond Pearl" and "Pink Nude," they have all seemed to fade from my skin. It is definitely possible that these shades might be more prone to drying out or blending in with my skin type/tone and the longevity of these could be much better on other skin types and/or tones. It could also be that these colors in the palette I happened to get were drier than those in other palettes. Despite the discrepancy with these two shades, I can honestly say that the other colors last very well on my eyes for at least 8 hours, which is the longest I have worn looks with this palette so far. I am eager to see how well they last if I was to wear them for longer periods of time.

2. Pigmentation - 4/5
Again, most of the colors in this palette have bold pigmentation and color payoff and a few were a little less rich in color than I would have expected. All of the darker shades in the palette have great pigmentation as well as most of the shimmery shades. The shades that I have had some issues are "Canvas" and "Lt. Gold." I would have used "Canvas" to set my primed eyelids to begin packing some color on but instead of depositing a noticeable flesh tone color, I get a weak and streaky finish on my eyelid. Again, this could be an issue with just my palette. The same idea goes with "Lt. Gold," except I tried to use this on my eyelid to highlight the center. The shade came out more powdery and flaky than I would have liked. On top of my lids, it looked a bit like I had packed on several layers of it and it ended up looking a bit unflattering on my eye. Also, this color is described as and looks shimmery in the palette, but came off more satin/matte on my lids.
Top: Mattes | Bottom: Satins/Shimmers

Otherwise, the other colors in this palette are very strong in color payoff and match the finish they are described to be. A couple of my favorite shimmery colors for my lid are "Light Pewter" and "Rose Bronze." I use these shades the most to highlight my lids for an everyday, natural look. I use the other shades to create smokier looks, and they are fantastic as well! They are definitely buildable if you want to intensify your look.

3. Consistency - 4/5
A lot of the shades swatch and apply smooth and creamy, however, the two I mentioned above and one other shade is definitely more chalky and dry in comparison to most of the other colors in the palette. Although beautiful, "Medallion" and "Pink Nude" definitely seem a bit drier and flakier than some of the other colors in the palette.

To fix issues with fallout and flakiness, I wet my brush after packing some of the color onto it. I can definitely reduce fallout this way, but I still end up getting some eyeshadow on my cheeks anyway, but not as much. Fallout does not usually bother me too much personally, but chalkiness of the lighter shades I talked about above causes them to look drier on my eyelids than they should be. The other shades are silky and creamy and apply well.

Other thoughts:
I feel like the palette is prone to drying out more since it only has a magnetic closure rather than a snap on/snap off closure. I would recommend storing this palette in an enclosed area or container to keep the eyeshadows from drying out. On the subject of packaging, I really appreciate that this palette is thin and compact because it makes it really easy to travel with. I also like the organization of the colors on the palette; matte shades are in the top row whereas the more shimmery shades are on the bottom row. Lorac has included a great range of matte transition colors to use in the crease, which is really important when it comes to making several different looks.

The colors blend really well and I found that the shades blend better than some colors from other palettes I own. This means it's really easy to slowly add more and more pigment and have it looking polished. It's also more forgiving if you accidentally apply too much color.

If you like a versatile palette that you can make many looks with, both neutral and bold, this palette is a great option. However, if you do not like fallout or some flakiness, you may struggle to work with this palette.

This palette is available at Ulta and Lorac's website for $44 USD.

No comments:

Post a Comment