Review | Urban Decay Revolution High Color Lipgloss


Hi all, I'm really excited about this particular product and I didn't really expect it to be as good as it was but I'm so happy about it and I really want to share this with you guys. I've never really been a lipgloss junkie. I own a few from Buxom and some drugstore brands, but they last me a long time so I don't really have the need to keep purchasing new ones that come onto the market. That being said, I love Urban Decay so when I found out they were releasing new lipglosses, I wanted to give them a try. And now, I want to give all of them a try.

Longevity: 4/5
For a lip gloss, this is surprisingly long-wearing even with some eating and drinking. It's a little odd to explain, but after I'd go to drink something, the glossy part would fade but there would still be a good amount of pigment left on my lips. Also, my lips still felt pretty hydrated so I'd say that you might to reapply but not as often as might with a traditional lipgloss. There's some wear after eating, but there is still a considerable amount of color left on the lips. You may need to do some touching up, but that is definitely to be expected with a lipgloss.

Pigmentation: 5/5
The color payoff is very impressive, and the product swatches almost like a liquid lipstick with a gloss finish. Nowadays, it's becoming increasingly popular for lipglosses to have more pigment in their formulas to deliver a more differentiated finish that most other lipglosses. I think that this trend is going to continue to be adapted into many cosmetics lines' lip glosses.

This change in pigmentation is dramatically different to that of Urban Decay's previous line of lipglosses, which were much sheerer in tone and barely displayed any color on the lips. "Liar" is a beautiful brown-toned pink nude and seems like it will flatter a variety of skin tones. For fair people, it will look like a medium warm nude which I think is very work appropriate and for deeper skin tones, it will look like your ideal nude lipgloss! I really want to try out the lightest shade in the range, "Kinky," for my perfect nude (I see what you did there, Urban Decay).

Consistency: 4/5
This lipgloss applies quite smoothly on the lips and doesn't cling to dry patches. The velvety smooth consistency makes it really easy to work with and it doesn't apply patchy. For the most part, it's really light on the lips but I felt like the formula was slightly sticky. They were a bit more sticky than Buxom's formula, but I think that if a lipgloss was this highly pigmented and smooth, I'd be prepare to overlook that. However, if you truly despise any hint of stickiness, then maybe be wary of that before purchasing this. I'd keep getting the urge to rub my lips together and when I did, I felt a bit of tackiness. Compared to other glosses however, it's among the easiest to wear since it distributes the color in one smooth, even layer.

Last thoughts: The applicator is really unique. It's like a doe-foot applicator but more pointy at the end and more flat which simplified application a lot. I like to use the tip of the applicator to first outline my lips (not exactly line) and then fill in the rest. The slimness of the applicator is also great for those of you with smaller lips like me, because you can easily distribute the color without making a mistake.
So overall, I really enjoyed this lip gloss and it's probably one of my favorite lippies in my collection.


These glosses retail for $22 and can be purchased from Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom, and Urban
 Decay's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment